Our client based in Wigan is actively seeking a full time permanent Production & Material Planner. This is an urgent vacancy and interviews are being held soon.
Main Job Duties:
- Assess plan attainment and re-schedule based on material availability and customer demand.
- Assist Senior Planner to manage risks such as trials/new product launches etc. Identifying and escalating where (potential) issues arise.
- Order materials to meet production plan requirements through MRP utilising company provided software.
- Maintain raw material parameters in the system, in particular lead time and MOQ, to ensure orders placed on suppliers are at the right notice period and QTYs.
- Reacting to plan changes to maintain the right stock level on site.
- Work with a cross functional team to minimize write off during run out process and meet supply chain CTP for new launches.
- Work alongside Senior Planner to ensure production and crew plan are aligned.
The Right Candidate will have the following skills:
- Have strong numerical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team both office and factory based.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with good knowledge in excel.
- Good communicational skills, to be able to influence and communicate across all levels of the business internally and with customers/suppliers externally.
- Good time management, organizational skills and ability to multi task and prioritise workload effectively.
- Min 3 year planning experience required
- Self-motivated, flexible and capacity of decision making.
- Proactive positive attitude with a desire to want to improve and do things better.
- Logical and analytical mind set with good attention to detail.
Working hours: Monday to Friday either 8am to 4pm or 9am to 5pm, half an hour unpaid lunch,
The Wages & Package
- Salary £28k – £30k
- Pension statutory contribution by employer
- Free Parking
- Canteen facilities
- Immaculate site to work at
- Forward thinking company
- 22 days holiday +bank holidays
- 8% pension
- Annual bonus.