Bond Personnel are currently looking to recruit a full time Permanent Team Leader to work for a local based Manufacturing company in the Wigan area.. The starting salary for a suitable candidate will be £35,000.
The ideal candidate will need to have a solid background in manufacturing, production or the food industry.
based Accountable for all elements of performance on allocated lines / areas – People, safety, performance, quality, cost and customer service. Providing flexible leadership to develop and lead a team demonstrating at all times our company values – Excellence, Respect, Creativity and Responsibility.
Requirements for the position:-
- Desirable – Degree in Engineering / Manufacturing or equivalent in operational experience
- 2 years Supervisory/Leadership experience in a Production Team in an FMCG environment, with 5 years experience of managing process control and operational excellence.
- Flexible to work days and nights shift patterns which are, 2 x 12 hour days and 2 x 12 hour nights 4 on 4 off.
- Good oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy. Computer literate.
- Proactive, creative, structured approach to problem solving
- Reliable, honest, energetic, enthusiastic, diplomatic and respectful
- You will be a natural leader who can and motivate and inspire your staff through communication, training, development and performance management.
- Manage attendance of their teams in accordance with the Attendance Management policy; conducting RTW interviews after all periods of absence and taking appropriate disciplinary action as required
- 100% Completion of scheduled Safety observations, Shift GMP and safety start up audits.
- Accountable for ensuring all members of their team, including themselves perform tasks, and operate / use equipment/machinery only to the level of their training and competence in a safe manner
- Responsible for ensuring all line clearance and changeover activity is conducted to the correct standard and approval for line start up
- Working with the Shift Manager in order to review shift plans – determining, communicating and actioning plan changes to reduce over and under. Ensure that the relevant operators are made aware of any plan changes, potential material, specification, quality and changeover issues
- A full time permanent job with an annual salary of £35,000
- 255 hours holiday per annum, inc allowance for BH
- 75 mins break per shift
- Pension EE contribution 5%, EE’r 8%
- Life assurance at 2 x basic salary
- Staff discounted shop
- Bonus scheme
- A state of the art and modern factory environment
This role is hands on, so as well as leading the teams you will be excited to get stuck in yourself. You will be physically fit as due to the nature of the work, there will be some heavy lifting involved due to loading and unloading product. Working hours are based around a 24/7 working operation.
Please send your CV to Leon at Bond Personnel to apply or just click apply to start your next career move.